Temecula Fraud Attorney
Defense Lawyers On Your Side
Fraud is defined as intentionally using deceit and dishonest means for the purpose of depriving another of money, property or a legal right which causes harm or loss. Being accused of such a white collar crime not only results in severe punishment, including jail time and fines, but also permanent damage to your reputation.
Fraud consists of several crimes including:
- Financial fraud – Check, credit card and securities fraud
- Insurance fraud – Auto insurance, healthcare insurance, unemployment insurance, worker’s compensation and welfare fraud
- Real Estate/Mortgage fraud – Property flipping, lending schemes, foreclosure fraud, forging a deed, straw buying and rent skimming
- Forgery/Identity theft – Forging, counterfeiting or possessing an individual’s personal information in order to falsely impersonate him/her
- Elderly fraud – Senior fraud and nursing home fraud
Common Defenses against Fraud Charges
Associated with lengthy prison terms and expensive fines, California fraud crimes are considered “wobbler offenses,” meaning they can either be charged as misdemeanors or felonies depending on the facts of the case and the defendant’s criminal history. In addition, seizure of assets related to the fraudulent activity takes place.
Whether you made a terrible mistake without the intention of harming another party or the conviction stems from mistaken identity, our legal defense team understands the complexities of the legal system to provide you with an aggressive and personalized defense depending on the circumstances surrounding your conviction. Our Temecula legal team can thoroughly investigate your case by interviewing police and witnesses, negotiate with prosecutors to minimize or dismiss your charges and provide emotional support to your loved ones.
Have a Trusted & Experienced Legal Team on Your Side
At Davis Wojcik Duarte, A Professional Law Corporation, we rely on more than 50 years of collective experience when it comes to handling fraud cases. Our Temecula fraud defense team has an exceptional track record of success in Temecula and throughout Riverside County. Let us get your life back on track by retaining our services.
For more information, contact our Temecula office at (951) 335-4923 or our Hemet office at (951) 667-7883.